Each time you use the Service, both personal and non-personal information about your visit may be retained by us.
Personal information is information which is personal or particular to a specific visitor who chooses to provide that information. This category would typically consist of information provided by you upon registration including your name and email addresses. You are under no obligation to provide such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Non-personal information is statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis from all our Members. We use this information in an aggregate form to better understand our users profile and to help us better design and organise the Service.
If you do not wish to receive communications from us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Purposes for Holding Data
We will process your personal information to administer your registration and determine your eligibility for use and conduct appropriate checks. We keep your personal and non-personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide the Handover service
- To personalise your use of the Service;
- To communicate with you and provide you with news, statistics, results and portfolio updates;
- To notify you of additional services which become available in the Service or other websites that we or any of our associated companies might establish, although you do have the opportunity to elect not to receive this information;
- To notify you of promotional events and provide you with promotional materials;
- To perform any request by or contract with you;
- To better understand our User profile and to help us better design and organise the Service;
- To sell, trade or remit to trustworthy third parties specifically or as a result of the sale of some or all of our assets, although you do have the opportunity to elect not for this to occur.
We will hold your Personal Information on secure servers for the purposes outlined above.
We will not disclose your Personal Information to commercial third parties, unless retained to process your Personal Information for the purposes listed above where such processing will be governed by a contract in the form required by law, or other users of the service, but may disclose it to government, regulatory or enforcement authorities if required to do so by law.
Additionally, we may disclose your Personal Information to sporting or regulatory bodies with whom we have agreements in place. Those bodies may use your Personal Information to investigate and act on their suspicions of breaches of their rules. Details of agreements that we have entered into are available upon request. Non-Personal Information will be disclosed wherever we deem it appropriate at our absolute discretion.
The Company has been designed from the outset to be secure and reliable. All critical transactions are encrypted using secure socket layer (SSL) advanced encryption technology, preventing unauthorized interception and decryption.
As no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you transfer the data at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, your data will be held by the Company on secure servers behind multiple layers of firewalls and we will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure its security on our systems. All telephone conversations between Members and the Company may be recorded and we will store such recordings for a reasonable period thereafter. To further protect your security, we may use voice recognition or other security software.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a Service if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they do identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify users and passwords and credit card information are not stored in cookies.
- Supply a secure session i.d. so that transaction integrity is maintained;
- Estimate our audience size and patterns; and
- Track preferences and to improve and update our service.
Access to your information
If you wish to obtain a copy of your personal information, which is held by us, please email us at email@example.com It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your personal information so that we can keep it accurate and up to date.